A customer who is also an IBM business partner asked me how to learn more about Zend Server and get a basic understanding of PHP. He has already installed Zend Server for IBM i.
I suggested these steps:
- Attend a conference this fall where PHP will be discussed in an IBM i context. Here is a list of conferences where I (and others) will be speaking. All these conferences are excellent. Pick one and get there.
- Watch webinars at Zend.com. These are geared for PHP on IBM i: http://www.zend.com/en/resources/webinars/i5-os
- If you would like to see details of what Zend Server can do, get in touch and I’ll ask a Zend friend to do a demo for you.
- Attend a local PHP user group, such as one from this PHP user group list.
- For basic PHP knowledge, try the many books available, or check out Zend’s online training. Contact me if you would like advice about training or have specific requirements.